Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A Day In The Life of Days Off!

I didn't post at all last week - I was too busy doing a lot of NOTHING!   Friday, Sept. 2, I got off at noon, which is the norm.  What isn't the norm is that I was off until Monday, Sept 12!   I rarely take more than a day or two off at a time and I haven't had a string of days off in forever, so it was WAY overdue.  I made a list of projects I wanted to accomplish, errands I wanted to run, and so on and so forth.  I spent the first two days getting grocery shopping and laundry out of the way, then I headed to Wal Mart for jars and bins and totally re-organized my pantry.  It's so neat and pretty now, that I just love going in there (thank you Pinterest!).   I then cleaned out the study (desk and closet), cleaned windows and was satisfied with the house.  Sunday was a lazy day enjoyed with my hubby.  We cooked out, watched football and sat on the porch (one of my favorite things).  I have to say here that we spent EVERY morning (except one) on the porch with coffee in the morning and a glass of wine in the evening.   The weather ALL week was gorgeous and I couldn't have planned a better week off!!

 Monday hubby and I paid a visit to my mom.   I love my big family, but it was nice to have a little one-on-one time with my wonderful momma!   My daughter joined us in time for a yummy lunch out and we had a great day.  Tuesday and Wednesday I spent most of the day running errands and getting some appraisals for my mom.  It was exhausting - both physically and emotionally because it involved some of my dad's treasures dating back to his childhood (he passed away in 1991).   Anyway, by Thursday I was totally ready for our mini-vacation to Branson.  We stayed at the Chateau on the Lake, which I highly recommend - it is a beautiful place and we loved it!  We had a great meal out, then watched my alma mater play football (go Pokes!).  Friday we got lucky again with Sadie's Sideboard for breakfast (which included live country music - only in Branson - lol), toured a winery and then spent the day at Branson Landing - it is awesome (and new since I was last there).  We walked for miles, shopped, had ice cream,


watched the water/fire show two or three times.....and just had a wonderful, wonderful day together.  I got to spend Saturday and part of Sunday with my daughter and had a quick visit with my son, daughter-in-law and teeny grandson-to-be!   I love, love, love spending any kind of time (short OR long) with my kids!!

My 9-1/2 days came to an end way too quickly and it was back to the grind on Monday.  I can honestly say that taking time off from work - whether you have anything to do or not - is really GOOD for the soul.   I have enjoyed work so much more this week - I feel rested and restored!!  And spending an entire week with my hubby served as a reminder as to why I love him so much....because

And I married it!!!!!!  <3

Not a very exciting blog, I know, but just another week in the life!!! 

0 comments: